Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How do I set up an account and order a casting?
A. We just need a few details about your business to get an account set up. Please complete the New Customer Profile Form and email or send it in with your pattern. When sending in a wax, pattern, or mold please use the Casting Order Form to make sure we have everything we need to accurately process your order. If you are uploading a CAD file for printing and casting use our secure upload page: CAD File Upload
Q. How do I calculate the estimated metal weight from my wax?
A. The metal weight for a platinum casting is approximately 22 times the wax weight, including the small allowance for your sprue stub. We are happy to provide a quote, including processing, just email us with your pattern or wax weight and we will get right back to you.
Q. What is your turnaround time?
A. Please visit our Turnaround Time & Shipping page to view all process and shipping speed options.
Q. Should I sprue the wax?
A. No spruing is necessary. Due to the specific flow and solidification properties of high-temperature metals, we prefer to do our own spruing to assure quality.
Q. How do you send the completed casting to me?
A. We ship everything by insured FedEx — either Overnight or 2 -Day. Please visit our Turnaround Time & Shipping page to view all process and shipping speed options. You can set these preferences and then change depending on your order’s urgency.
Q. What are your payment options?
A. You can set up an account by filling out our credit application, or we can charge your casting to Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover. If you are rated favorably by JBT, you are quickly approved for credit.
Q. What is your return policy?
A. TechForm aims to provide the best quality and customer service. Unfortunately, there are times when a casting return is necessary.
To process returns quickly and accurately, the following guidelines must be observed:
- Returns are accepted within 120 days of the invoice date.
- All returns must be accompanied by a copy of the original invoice.
- The reason for the return must be indicated.
- If there has been a casting error, we will provide a full credit for the invoice amount of the metal returned.
- If there has been an ordering error we will provide credit for material only at the alloy price minus a 5% restocking fee. In the event of finishing loss, metal credit will issued for the actual weight of metal returned, not the weight originally invoiced. Contaminated materials will be eligible for scrap metal credit only.