At TechForm we understand the importance of standing behind our product quality. We also realize that errors can occur at our customers’ facilities, and as a result of either TechForm or customer errors, unusable castings may need to be returned. Our retun policy for such occurrences is outlined below:
- Returns are accepted within 90 days of the invoice date.
- All returns must be accompanied by the original invoice.
- The reason for the return must be indicated on the return paperwork.
- Only the returned weight of the metal can be refunded. Metal removed at customer facilities cannot be credited.
- Metal contaminated by customers with solder or other contaminants cannot be returned to our metal supply. We recommend such scrap be refined by our customers through their normal internal procedures. All incoming returns at TechForm are thoroughly inspected with XRF to assure no contaminants are present.
- Sound castings returned for reasons that occurred at the customer’s facility such as CAD design errors or bench errors shall be calculated based on alloy credit only, minus a 7.5% restocking fee. Alloy credit is calculated from the daily price of the casting grain we purchase from our vendors. For example, alloy cost consists of Pt and Ru at market prices on the day of return plus the fabrication and shipping charges we pay. The restocking fee covers administration, visual inspection, cleaning and processing of the returned castings, as well as XRF to assure proper composition.
- Defective castings due to TechForm errors shall be issued at full credit based upon the original invoice pricing of the item(s) returned. Full credit disposition occurs when castings are demonstrated to be defective due to reasons that occurred in the casting process at TechForm, through no fault of the customer, such as unacceptably high levels of porosity and/or inclusions
Always feel free to contact us with questions.